Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Beauty of Hand Painted

As a designer I love mixing mediums - different papers, printing options like letterpress, screen printing, foiling, engraving and mixing in my love of painting with my designs.

When a client approaches me about hand painted invitations I say absolutely we can!  This doesn't mean hand painting 200 invitations although I very well could do that for a client if they asked.

The process begins with a discussion with my clients about their theme, their colors, the styles they like and then taking that discussion and translating it into an initial sketch.  I sketch out several ideas with pencil before I lay down any color and discuss again with my client to see if this is the direction they were wanting to go.  Once the sketch is approved I begin the fun part - adding in color!

The end result is a beautiful one-of-a-kind work of art!


Des
www.paper-airplanes.ca
Facebook
Instagram









No comments:

Post a Comment